January 8, 2013 – N.C. Central University School of Law’s Technology Assisted Legal Instruction and Services project will continues its series of workshops through June focused on promoting effective nonprofit governance.
Attorney Evan Lewis and organizational development consultant Darryl Lester are presenters for the workshop series, “Nonprofit Governance and Management: Rules, Roles and Responsibilities.” They discuss how to promote effective nonprofit governance by understanding both public interest and legal responsibilities.
Sessions are 6-7:30 p.m. at NCCU School of Law-Turner Law Building and are available through HD video conferencing at locations around the state.
The remaining sessions are:
• February 25, 2013 – The Board’s Role: Fund Development & Financial Support
• March 25, 2013 – Stewarding the Organization’s Resources
• April 22, 2013 – Managing Crises and Transitions
• May 27, 2013 – A Conversation with NC Grant Makers and Philanthropic Organizations
• June 24, 2013 – Final Remarks and Distribution of Certificates of Attendance
The series is free and open to the public, but registration is required.
For information or to register, contact Jaron Barbee at (919) 530-6601 or firstname.lastname@example.org.