The North Carolina Community Development Initiative (the Initiative) seeks a Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) Coordinator to administer and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the US Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Neighborhood Stabilization Program and other state and federal regulations. This is a one-year position.
The Initiative is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that leads North Carolina’s collaborative community economic development efforts to drive innovation, investment and action that creates more prosperous, sustainable communities.
- Disseminate, collect and evaluate applications for NSP funds received from nonprofit and for-profit developers. Review applications for accuracy, completeness and grant eligibility.
- Establish and maintain folders on participant developers that receive NSP funds including loan balances, payment history, organizational documents, financial and managerial updates and any regulatory compliance information required by US HUD and the North Carolina Department of Commerce – Community Investment and Assistance (NC CIA) department.
- Establish and maintain folders on properties acquired, developed and/or sold through the NSP program. Such folders shall be maintained by physical address and contain documents required under NSP guidelines including packages submitted to NC CIA, invoices and expenses, site visit reports, executed contracts and settlement statements.
- Evaluate and recommend all requests for NSP grant funds regarding the acquisition and rehabilitation of properties. This task also includes working closely with developers and third party vendors (e.g., attorneys, realtors, appraisers, environmental consultants) in preparing NSP work plans for submission to NC CIA for approval to disburse NSP funds.
- Prepare all check requests for NSP invoices and submit to the President of Initiative Capital for approval.
- Review and concur with all HUD-1 settlement statements for the sale of NSP properties. Act as the primary NSP liaison to facilitate smooth closings.
- Maintain primary responsibility for NSP loan servicing and related contact with borrowers. Work in conjunction with Fiscal Department personnel and Initiative Capital’s auditors as necessary. Identify, verify and report loan delinquencies monthly to the President of Initiative Capital, Chief Financial Officer and other senior staff as requested.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliation (as requested by Initiative Capital Fiscal and NC CIA) of all NSP transactions including disbursements for acquisition or rehab and collections for closing sales.
- Publish periodic reports on NSP status activities such as monthly loan and program income reports, quarterly Initiative Capital Board of Directors updates, monthly NC CIA activity reports, quarterly NC CIA program income reports and annual compliance reports.
- Monitor the life cycle of NSP for compliance and established milestones consistent with the NSP Grant Agreement with NC CIA.-Conduct periodic site visits to audit development activities.-Conduct training events for NSP participants and publish periodic updates concerning changes to NSP Guidelines and NSP Policy Updates.
- Act as advocate for NSP, including the development of innovative uses of funds and the expansion of the program’s impact in targeted communities.
- Act as the primary contact person and interface with the public concerning NSP inquiries on program activities, community involvement or other public policy matters.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or three to five years of work experience in residential real estate transactions, homeownership lending, loan document preparation, government homeownership programs or the like.-Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of loan documentation and operations.
- Work collaboratively with a variety of individuals, cross-functional teams, community-based organizations, banks and attorneys.
- Possess a customer-oriented, service-driven attitude when responding to inquiries from external and internal requests for loan information.
- Time management and organizational skills with a primary emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Windows operating system, MS Word and Excel spreadsheet.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits provided.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of interest and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.